PHE Virtual National Conference will help you plan, sustain, and continuously improve your physical and health education teaching, both now during COVID-19 and beyond. Now with 7 themes to choose from, there is something for everyone!
2021 Physical and Health Education Virtual National Conference will be held in two blocks.
Theme: Outdoor Learning & Outdoor Education
A three-part webinar series that aims to give educators new tools for outdoor learning and outdoor education, a deeper understanding of approaches, and build confidence by sharing real examples from the field.
- February 16: Can Outdoor Education Lead the Way?
- February 23: FMS and Quality Lesson Planning for Outdoor Learning & Outdoor Teaching and Learning: Curriculum and Pedagogy Post-COVID
- March 2: Panel: A Journeyed and Joyful Approach to Learning - Thinking Differently About How Learning Happens Using the Outdoors
Theme: Health Education and Well-Being
Creating positive and healthy learning experiences, including stress management, reproductive and sexual wellness, healthy relationships, and wise choices in technology.
- February 17: Health Literacy and Getting Creative in Health Education
- February 24: Reproductive and Sexual Wellness & EveryBODY Deserves Love Panel
- March 3: Teaching Digital & Media Literacy
Theme: Indigenous Ways of Learning in PHE
This three-part webinar series to help you deepen your understanding of Indigenous Ways of Learning and Doing within a PHE classroom. First Nations, Metis and Inuit leaders will share their approaches to PHE and share advice on how best to start integrating this knowledge into your classroom.
- February 18: Indigenous Perspectives in Physical Education - Moving Beyond Games
- February 25: Respectfully Embedding HPE with Indigenous Contributions and Pedagogy
- March 4: FitNation - Land-Based
Theme: Healthy Schools in a Pandemic (Accessible to All Attendees)
This session is offered as a bonus track to help you create a healthy school environment to promote the collective wellness of your school community during these difficult times. A wide range of whole system strategies associated with social and emotional learning, school mental health, school climate, and other similar initiatives will be highlighted.
- March 9: National Healthy School Standards
- March 16: Navigating Through Change
- March 23: Critical Approaches to Wellness
Theme: Assessment in PHE
A three-part webinar series to unpack the question we are all asking - is there another way? Explore issues in assessment that educators face today and find new tools and approaches to evolve your assessment.
- March 30: Unpacking Experiences of Assessment - Is There Another Way?
- April 6: Assessment in PHE - Practices That Motivate, Engage, and Place Students at the Centre of Their Learning
- April 13: Demystifying Assessment to Use Tomorrow Panel
Theme: Inclusion & Equity in PHE
A three Part Webinar Series to help you be proactive in your vibrant Canadian classrooms and explore key strategies and flexible instructional strategies for promoting inclusion and embedding diversity, human rights in the classroom.
- March 31: Equity, Anti-Black Racism and Social Justice in PHE
- April 7: Transitioning PHE for LGBTQ2SI+ and Girls and Young Women
- April 14: Diversifying Lesson Planning & Teaching for All
Theme: Physical Literacy and Well-Being
A three-part webinar series that focuses on the integration of the four domains: physical, cognitive, behavioral, and affective in physical literacy programming and the overall development of physical literacy and well-being. Teachers will take away valuable tools, tips, and ideas that will keep the student at the centre, and your Physical Education choices fresh and relevant during these unusual times and beyond.
- April 1: Infusing Physical Literacy into Physical Education: An Evidence Based Framework
- April 8: Higher-Order Physical Literacy Skills
- April 15: Building Capacity for PHE in Digital Culture: MOVING Online