Quality Physical Education (QPE) is a well-planned school program of compulsory physical education provided regularly to all students (kindergarten to grade 12) throughout the school year.
A QPE program includes:
- Regular curricular instruction for all students (K-12).
- Purposeful, well planned lessons incorporating a wide range of activities.
- Application of various wholistic assessment strategies.
- A high level of participation by all students in each class.
- An emphasis on fun, enjoyment, success, fair play, self-fulfillment and personal health.
- Appropriate activities for the age and stage of each student.
- Qualified, enthusiastic teachers.
- Creative and safe use of facilities and equipment.
QPE ensures that all children have the opportunity to develop the knowledge, skills, and habits that they need to lead physically active lives now, and just as importantly, into the future. A QPE school is one that values the importance of physical education to the complete learning of our children, and has engrained QPE and physical activity into the foundation and culture of the school environment.