Make quality recess experiences happen in your school! Quality recess experiences require thought and planning within the school community.
Schools must initiate thoughtful recess practices and provide sustainable tactics that will ensure a supportive setting—one that that invariably influences student well-being, overall health, and school success of Canadian children. The resources below provide tips and tools for schools to utilize in planning and implementing quality recess experiences.
- COVID-19 Return to School Considerations for Recess
- Recommendations for Recess Policy Development
- Recess Planning Checklist
- Planning the Recess Committee
- The Recess Plan
- Letter to Parents and Guardians
- Recess Project Canada's Changemaker's Guide
- Global Recess Alliance - COVID-19 Statement on Recess
- Ever Active Schools - Cold Weather Recess Planning
- EcoKids - Outdoor Play and Learning (OPAL)
- Healthy Schools in Motion - Recess Toolkit
- Recess Guardians