PHE Canada has launched an advocacy campaign to support student health and well-being, calling for Physical and Health Education to be included in provincial/territorial government at-home and back-to-school learning mandates.
Join the #WeSupportPHE Social Media Campaign
PHE Canada encourages PHE educators and supporters to take to social media using the campaign badge with the hashtag #WeSupportPHE to call on decision makers to start to or further recognize PHE as an essential component of education, and to include PHE in at-home and return-to-school learning directives.
You can simply follow these steps below to add your voice to this campaign.
- Step 1: Download the #WeSupportPHE badge or personalize your badge;
- Step 2: Upload your badge(s) on Twitter, Facebook, and/or Instagram;
- Step 3: Add your unique voice to your post;
- Step 4: Include #WeSupportPHE in your post and tag @PHECanada, your Provincial PHE Association(s), local decision makers, and your teaching colleagues, to get our voice more broadly heard.
#WeSupportPHE: What Has Been Accomplished So Far
In late April, Ministers of Education in each province and national education organizations received a letter from PHE Canada and your provincial PHE organization sharing what PHE had to offer and addressing our concerns about the glaring omission of PHE in both at-home learning and back-to-school planning.
Four different aspects were addressed in these letters:
- Canadian PHE teachers want to provide students with home learning opportunities.
- This is the perfect time to learn WHY and HOW to be healthy and active.
- Education is more than just reading, writing, and arithmetic.
- PHE is essential to help students manage the stress of COVID-19.
We encourage you to use your badge and raise your voice to make sure PHE is a part of K-12 education during these unprecedented times.