Become a recess champion! Learn more about recess, play, and well-being to support and advance quality recess experiences.
Aligning with the Calls to Action from the National Position Statement on Recess, the information below provides educators, administrators, and school community members with additional tools and supports for advocating for quality recess.
Policy and Legislation
- United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child
- International Play Association
- Canadian Public Health Association - Loose Parts Policy
Supportive Environments for Educators and Children
- Canadian Public Health Association - Recess Resource
- Canadian Public Health Association - Risk, Hazard, and Play
- The Nature of Things - The Power of Play
- Recess Research - Dr. Lauren McNamara
- Recess: An Important Aspect of School Success
- Children & Nature Network - Tools & Resources