2020 PHE Canada Awards application now open! Nomination deadline January 15, 2020.
R. Tait McKenzie Award
This award is PHE Canada’s most prestigious award and is named after the distinguished Canadian physician, sculptor and physical educator, Dr. R. Tait McKenzie. The award epitomizes Dr. Tait McKenzie’s professional ideals, his service to humanity, and his dedication to the advancement of knowledge and understanding of physical and health education, recreation and dance.
This award recognizes Canadians who have made significant impact on physical and health education and who have served the profession over an extended period of time. To qualify, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- at least 20 years experience as a teacher, coach, supervisor or administrator, etc.; and
- have performed distinguished, meritorious service as a recognized leader locally/regionally, nationally, and internationally.
Note: To nominate a candidate for the R. Tait McKenzie Award of Honour, you must be a PHE Canada member.
The nomination form must be completed and submitted with:
- Three letters of reference that outline why the nominee deserves the Honour Award. Letters must be written by the nominator and two seconders, who must all be PHE Canada members.
- Biographical sketch of the nominee that is 250-300 words in length.
- Supporting documentation (not exceeding five pages) that showcases the nominee’s contribution to the field.
Documentation should show that the candidate has performed distinguished service as a recognized leader locally/regionally, nationally, and internationally, and epitomizes R. Tait McKenzie’s professional ideals, service to humanity and dedication to the advancement of knowledge and understanding of our related fields.