The PHE Canada Health Promoting Schools Champion Award recognizes an individual, group, or organization for their exemplary contribution to the development, promotion, and/or implementation of Healthy School Communities.
To be eligible for this award, nominees must meet the following criteria:
- The nominee(s) has been directly involved in Health Promoting School work.
- The nominee(s) can be from any sector (i.e., teachers, administrators, public health professionals, school board consultants, parent councils, volunteer agencies, not-for-profit groups, police, social services, etc.) and has worked collaboratively with others to create a Health Promoting School environment.
- The nominee(s) has made a positive impact in the area of Health Promoting Schools and has demonstrated results that show their impact (e.g. policy development, supportive environments, etc.)
- The nominee has developed a unique approach by encouraging the school community to role model the health and behaviours intended.
- The nominee has been able to successfully create, maintain and sustain a Health Promoting School through their commitment and work.
- The nominee must not be a previous recipient of this award.
Award Presentation and Benefits
The recipient of this award receives:
- Award recognition plaque
- Recognition in the Annual Report and on the website
- Recognition during the next PHE Canada National Conference
- Complimentary registration at the next PHE Canada National Conference(travel and accommodations are not included)
- Past Recipients