What did you wish you knew as a new teacher
Experienced teachers offer tips and advice to new teachers. Tips include:
- how to talk to parents about their child’s mental health
- the importance of asking for help
- how to manage behaviors in the classroom
- how to reframe negative experiences
This tip sheet was created in collaboration with the University of Western Ontario and an Advisory Committee of experienced educators.
Why we’re recommending this resource:
- Authority: author is identifiable and has related qualifications and/or credentials / affiliated with a reputable institution
- Objectivity: minimal to no biases or affiliations with a company selling products of promoting a questionable agenda.
- Currency: information that is recent or has been recently endorsed