Student-focused wellness tips
21 tips for educators focused on student relationships and wellbeing. These are practical strategies can be used in the moment when talking to students about concerns, or be used to help foster stronger student relationships and positive and accepting classroom environment.
This resource is one developed by our Working Group of experienced teachers, administrators, mental health professionals and researchers. Our aim is to provide key messages and a useful list of strategies that have been shown to work in practice and in the research literature.
- Avoid eye contact – It is often too threatening
- Help make connections between older and younger students
- Take all issues seriously
Why we’re recommending this resource:
- Authority: author is identifiable and has related qualifications and / or credential / affiliated with a reputable institution
- Objectivity: minimal to no biases or affiliations with a company selling products or promoting a questionable agenda
- Canadian resource