Children's mental health Ontario
Children's Mental Health Ontario offers resources for parents/families, children/youth and professionals . All tools and resources are evidenced based or well-established tools that offer practical suggestions and psychoeducation.
Resources for teachers
The resources for teachers include tips on:
- how to identify early warnings signs and intervene for mental health difficulties in the classroom
- how to work with children with mental health conditions in the classroom (e.g., when to provide accommodations, how to respond in certain situations)
- how to promote a mentally health classroom (e.g. reduce stigma, educating students on mental health topics)
Resources for Professionals page
Children’s Mental Health Ontario launched its Evidence Based Practices Project in May of 2001 and since then has actively promoted the importance of using evidence based practices in children's mental health services.
This section will be of interest to wide a range of professionals who work with children in youth, including teachers, social workers, family physicians and day care providers.
These guides offer: tips on early identification and intervention; lots of practical suggestions on how to accommodate and respond to kids with mental health problems; and combating stigma in the classroom.
- This collection of documents is a result of CMHO's ongoing policy and advocacy work.
- Policy Resources
- Canadian and International Policy documents addressing child and youth mental health.
- Clinical News
- News articles about clinical matters related to child and youth mental health.
Why we’re recommending this resource:
- Accuracy of information: well-researched, appropriately cited, and well written / organized
- Authority: author is identifiable and has related qualifications and/or credentials / affiliated with a reputable institution
- Objectivity: minimal to no biases or affiliations with a company selling products of promoting a questionable agenda.
- Currency: information that is recent or has been recently endorsed.
- Canadian resource