The PHE Cross-Canada Check-In is an opportunity for the PHE Community to come together to share, learn, discuss current challenges and opportunities, emerging topics, tips and strategies for personal and professional development, and innovative approaches to physical and health education during this pandemic.
The Check-Ins currently provide two discussion streams - PHE Teachers and PHE Teacher Educators. Below you will find links to notes from previous discussions as well as RSVPs to upcoming meetings.
Physical and Health Education Teachers
- Meeting #13 - September 30, 2020 - Welcome back to school! PHE Canada is excited to hear how your first few weeks of classes have gone, and share in the opportunity to learn from each other as we move through the fall.
- Meeting #12 - August 21, 2020 - (French Session) Join Sylvie Beaudoin, Carl Chartier, and Joelle Legresley as we discuss return to school with the PHE Community - how are we all feeling, what is everyone doing to prepare, and what can we can support each other during this transition.
- Meeting #11 - August 20, 2020 - Join Lori Sigfridson and Dr. Doug Gleddie as we discuss return to school with the PHE Community - how are we all feeling, what is everyone doing to prepare, and what can we can support each other during this transition.
- Meeting #10 - June 19, 2020 - (French Session) Join Sylvie Beaudoin, Carl Chartier, and Joelle Legresley to take stock of this school year, and to discuss the lessons learned along the way.
- Meeting #9 - June 12, 2020 - Join Lori Sigfridson and Dr. Doug Gleddie for a year-end discussion about all that this school year has been and taught us.
- Meeting #8 - June 5, 2020 - (French Session) Join Sylvie Beaudoin, Vicky Bouffard-Levasseur, and Joëlle LeGresley to discuss PHE Canada's return-to-school guidelines.
- Meeting #7 - May 29, 2020 - Join Lori Munro-Sigfridson and Maribeth Rogers Neale to discuss PHE Canada's return-to-school guidelines.
- Meeting #6 - May 22, 2020 - Join Lori Sigfridson and Dr. Antony Card this Friday (May 22, 2020) at 12:00pm ET for a PHE Cross-Canada Check-In to consider the question of what will Healthy School Communities look like in a return to a 'new normal'?
- Meeting #5 - May 15, 2020 - As COVID-19 keeps school aged children and youth at home, teachers are working hard to provide meaningful and engaging learning opportunities. As this continues, the task of assessment remains a question for most teachers.
- Meeting #4 - May 8, 2020 - (French Session) With the return to school imminent in some provinces in Canada, some questions arise for Physical and Health Education: How can PHE teachers continue to play a leading role in helping students adopt healthy, active lifestyles? What practices should be put forward while respecting the social and health standards in place and the context of each school? How can we promote our discipline to other teachers, principals, and parents? This francophone meeting is intended to be a time for exchange between PHE teachers from across Canada.
- Meeting #3 - May 1, 2020 - Join Lori Munro-Sigfridson, PHE Canada President, and Dr. Amanda Stanec, Founder of Move Live Learn, to discuss and share educational practices, as well as collaborate and generate ideas that are positively impacting student and family/caregiver health and well-being while learning at home.
- Meeting #2 - April 24, 2020 - (French Session) La pandémie COVID-19 bouleverse la vie de notre société et les pratiques professionnelles en enseignement en éducation physique et à la santé n’y échappent pas. Cette rencontre se veut un moment d’échange entre les enseignants et les formateurs en EPS francophones à l’échelle canadienne.
- Meeting #1 - April 8, 2020 - Looking at the PHE landscape across Canada, challenges and opportunities, and approaches to supporting physical and health education under the current educational landscape.
PHE Teacher Educators
- Meeting #3 - October 8, 2020 - PHE Canada is hosting this Cross- Country Check-In to provide an opportunity to connect with all Physical and Health Education Teacher Educators (PHETE), discuss challenges, share ideas and highlight successes after the first month of the term.
- Meeting #2 - April 17, 2020 - Pre-service teacher placements across Canada have been affected as a result of the pandemic. This raises concerns for our Physical and Health Education (PHE) pre-service teachers as critical learning opportunities were lost and/or graduation dates extended.