Puberty and Healthy Education Program: Grades 7 & Up
Always Changing Grades 7 & Up was developed to extend student knowledge and understanding about self-awareness and healthy lifestyles related to puberty, hygiene, and relationships.
The program includes a Leader Guide, Student Guide, Parent/Guardian Guide, and Worksheets that provides instructional content and learning activities related to the physical, and emotional health of adolescents including valuable content about body/self-image, hygiene, healthy relationships, and social media and cyberbullying.
- Physical Activity Each Day, Every Day – This activity supports students with developing a physical activity action plan.
- Personal Physical Activity Contract – Building off of the physical activity action plan, this activity supports students with establishing physical activity goals.
- Personal Taking Charge Contract – Establish self-image goals.
- Taking Care of Yourself Activity Sheet – This activity explores how good health habits can help manage the physical and emotional changes related to puberty.
- Emotional Health Word Search Activity Sheet – Key words and concepts related to emotional health.
- Physical Activity and You – This activity encourages students to consider physical activities they enjoy and the concept of physical inactivity.
- Feeling Great Activity Sheet (Sheet 1) (Sheet 2) – Students consider the advantages and disadvantages of development into adulthood.
- Food & Health Activity Sheet – List food choices in a week and determine the type of nutrients these foods provide to the body.