Puberty and Healthy Education Program: Grades 5 & 6
Always Changing – Grades 5 & 6 is a resource designed to help ease the transition between childhood and adolescence for students in grades 5 and 6.
Students will have many questions about the physical, emotional, and social changes they go through during puberty. This free set of instructional materials will help students understand these changes, and that they are a natural part of their development. The program includes a Leader Guide, Student Guide, Parent/Guardian Guide, and Worksheets to help students identify the connection between personal choice and healthy body systems, including body care and body knowledge.
- Introducing Terry Activity Sheet - This activity is intended to initiate student dialogue regarding the changes that take place in puberty. Terry’s gender is not revealed in this fictional student’s story about the changes they are experiencing.
- Facts about the Female Sex Organs - Diagram labeling & definitions activity
- Facts about the Male Sex Organs - Diagram labeling & definitions activity
- Hidden Changes Word Search Activity Sheet - This activity helps students recognize that certain changes that accompany puberty are not visible. The changes happen inside your body, or you can’t see them because they have to do with how your body is developing or feeling.
- Myths and Facts About Personal Care Activity Sheet - This True & False questionnaire helps magnify non-reproductive body changes and personal health and hygiene needs.
- Taking Care of Yourself Activity Sheet - This activity explores how good health habits can help you manage the the physical and emotional changes related to puberty.
- Word Scramble Activity Sheet - A fun way to remember important facts about health and hygiene.
- A Changing You - A reflection and growth worksheet to consider personal strengths, areas of growth, and connections.