Physical and Health Education Canada (PHE Canada) is now inviting submissions to present at the 2019 Healthy School Communities National Forum.
The event will take place in downtown Ottawa, Ontario on November 5-7, 2019. The theme of the 2019 HSC National Forum is "Every School In Canada Becoming A Healthy School".
The 2019 National Forum Program Committee is seeking presentations that fit into the following themes:
Diversity and Inclusion: presenters will help further the discussion between equity and equality in the education system.
Beyond the Binder: presenters will discuss policy and practices supporting comprehensive school health with the lens that student health and learning outcomes can be improved when go beyond the school curriculum and resources.
Play: presenters will engage and equip practitioners with useful tools, approaches, programs and resources to support higher quality play: a critical part of the school day for developing social, emotional and physical competencies.
Stories from the Field: presenters will be sharing their 'better' practices, provide solutions based approaches, and build capacity through strengthening networks to further healthy school communities.
Teacher and staff well-being: presenters will bring focus to teacher and staff well-being.
Please note that:
- All presenters (including co-presenters) are required to register online as a delegate for the National Forum if your abstract is successful. http://www.phecanada.ca/HSCForum2019
- Wireless internet, digital projector, screen, and a microphone will be provided. Presenters are responsible for bringing their own laptop with a VGA connection.
- Breakout sessions are one hour in length. Every breakout session is made up of two to three 20-30 minutes presentations followed by a 5-minute Q&A period.
- If you have been invited to deliver a keynote presentation or participate in a panel presentation, please indicate using the appropriate checkbox in the form.
- While we will consider special requests, we cannot guarantee that they will be fulfilled.
Submit your presentation